They come into this world so adorable, sweet and perfect. You have been anticipating their arrival and you are so ready for the excitement and love that they bring into your home. All this is true but then at some point the other shoe has to fall. The perfect relationship turns into a real one and you find yourself dealing with….the fussy baby.
Maybe you don’t. Maybe you have a content baby that only fusses here and there but that has never been my situation. This is my third and while there is a big gap between my first two and this one, I remember vividly all of them being super fussy.
What can you do in this situation? Have you missed something? Well let’s go down the checklist:
Diaper freshly changed?
I know there are many times when I go through this list over and over and still he is fussy. I have tried the bouncer, rocker and glider but nothing seems to be helping.
So what is the magic thing, what works every time and is the secret to getting things done especially when it’s just you and him?
Oh, I don’t know. Were you expecting me to? I have no idea, here I am on my third, thinking I knew all the answers and was well equipped and I find myself with the same frustrations after a couple of hours of the fussiness. Here are some ideas though.
- Time: One day they will get older and they may still whine (alot) but at least they won’t be constantly crying.
- Siblings: Set them up safely with an old enough sibling and back away slowly.
- Grandma (or grandpa, aunty, whathaveyou): for those lucky enough to live near one of these extremely useful human beings take advantage every chance you get.
- Strollers: What we have been doing lately is Thomas has been taking him for a run and this usually works like a charm.
- Earplugs: This option is pretty self explanatory.
So there you have it. The list showing my knowledge of how to deal with a crying fussy baby. If you learn anything from this post it’s that I know very little about the subject and am writing this post in a desperate attempt to solicit some good information through your feedback.
Thank you and God bless.
Oh and send help.